Talk about classics! This Graham Cracker Frosting Sandwich brings me back to my elementary school days when I’d open up my lunch box to find one of these and I’d look up to see my friends would be drooling. With delicious graham crackers and creamy Buttercream Frosting, these are a timeless classic enjoyed by all!
The Best Solution for Leftover Frosting
Don’t toss that leftover frosting! Grab some graham crackers and sandwich that good stuff in between them. That’s my kind of lazy day treat! These are so easy you really have no reason not to make them!
We have so many desserts that call for Buttercream Frosting from Frosted Marshmallow Brownies to Black Forest Cake. Somehow I always end up with extra frosting. I don’t have enough freezer space for all of the leftover frosting to be stored so I make a batch of these Graham Cracker Frosting Sandwiches and they’re gone within a few days!
This Graham Cracker Frosting Sandwich is one of my favorites and a lunchtime favorite! I always loved opening up my lunchbox to one of these. They really are best three to five days later. The softer the graham cracker gets the better. I leave mine in a ziplock bag on the counter and they only last a few days.
- Graham Crackers: Use generic or name brand for this recipe!
- Buttercream Frosting: My favorite is Chocolate Buttercream Frosting but Vanilla Buttercream Frosting would also be delicious!
Assembling Graham Cracker Frosting Sandwiches
- Break your graham crackers in half. Do this carefully or the frosting will squish out of the smaller half of the sandwich.
- Add frosting. Use as much or as little as you like!
- Now comes the hardest part: waiting 3-5 days for the graham crackers to soften up and the flavors to meld. Of course, you can eat these Graham Cracker Frosting Sandwiches right away, but I promise they taste best after they’ve had a few days to sit.
This is probably one of the easiest and tastiest desserts to make. Let us know how long they last on your counter!
Looking for more delicious easy recipes? Try these:
- Best Easy Chocolate Mousse
- Easy Zucchini Bread
- No-Bake Oreo Pie
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
- Buttery Sugar Cookie
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 1 C (16 oz) salted butter, room temperature
- 1 C (3.6 oz) cocoa
- 7 C (32 oz) powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 7 T + 3 T milk
Make the Frosting:
- Soften the butter, but do not melt. Beat butter with a mixer until it is smooth.
- Add cocoa and powdered sugar. Beat butter, cocoa, and powdered sugar until combined and mixture looks dry and uniform. Scrape bowl.
- Add vanilla and 7 T of milk. Beat until frosting is light, creamy, and soft.
- If frosting is too thick, add up to 3 additional tablespoons of milk.
Sandwich Frosting between Graham Crackers:
- Carefully break each graham cracker sheet into two pieces and spread 1-2 T of frosting between graham crackers.
- Best if eaten 3-5 days later. This allows time for the graham crackers to soften and absorb some flavor from the frosting.
- Lasts for one to two weeks in an airtight container at room temperature or stored in refrigerator. Can also be frozen.
- When adding powdered sugar and cocoa, we highly recommend covering your mixer. Use a clean tea towel or a shield if your mixer came with one, or spend the next decade cleaning powdered sugar and cocoa dust from every surface in your life.