A classic Peanut Butter Chocolate No-Bake Cookie needs peanut butter and chocolate. This recipe has both and is ready to jump right into your mouth!
An Easy Treat
These Peanut Butter Chocolate No-Bake Cookies were one of my favorite treats in college. I had the best roommate who would make them all the time, and this is her family recipe.
Nothing cures late-night studying headaches like these easy, peanut buttery, chocolatey cookies. You can whip them up in just a few minutes and by the time you’ve finished the dishes, they’re ready to eat.
One Christmas, before I was married I was feeling homesick and Morgan, my dear roommate, made a batch of these and mailed them to me as a Christmas present.
- Butter – adds rich flavor to complement the chocolate and peanut butter.
- Peanut Butter – an essential component to these no-bake cookies. I use Jif Creamy Peanut Butter.
- Cocoa Powder – the other essential component to these cookies. Hershey’s Natural Cocoa is my go-to, but use whatever you’ve got in your cupboard.
- Oats – old-fashioned rolled oats are the bulk of these no-bake cookies. With lots of fiber, this heart healthy whole grain can almost convince you that these cookies are healthy.
How to Make the No-Bake Cookies
- I like to start by grabbing a heat-safe bowl and putting the oats, peanut butter, and cocoa in it.
- Then, melt the butter with the milk and sugar in a medium saucepan. Make sure there’s some room because the mixture will bubble up when it starts to boil.
- Bring the mixture to a rolling boil and keep stirring while you let it boil for three minutes. This is important to the final product. The No-Bake Cookies won’t set up if the mixture isn’t properly cooked.
- Pour the butter sugar mixture into the oats, then add the vanilla and mix to combine everything. Once it is combined, use a spoon or a #30 cookie dough scoop to drop the cookies onto a sheet of wax paper.
- Let the No-Bake Cookies cool for 30-45 minutes to set up, then enjoy!
These are so easy to make and contain only a few, simple, pantry ingredients. You’ve got no excuse not to make them!
Looking for more delicious peanut butter & chocolate recipes? Try these:
- Peanut Butter Brownies
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Eggs
- Trail Mix Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Pennsylvania Tango Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Crispy Bars
- ½ C (4 oz) salted butter
- ⅔ C (5.3 oz) milk
- 2 C (14 oz) granulated sugar
- 3 C (9.5 oz) old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ C (6.4 oz) creamy peanut butter
- 6 T (1.6 oz) cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add butter, milk, and sugar to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add oats, peanut butter, cocoa powder, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Quickly drop by heaping tablespoons onto wax paper. Let cool for 30-45 minutes to set up.
- If you’re looking to mix it up with a pure chocolate no-bake cookie, try these Chocolate No-Bake Cookies!