Although these Chocolate No-Bake Cookies don’t have any peanut butter, you’ll only complain until you take a bite. Then you’ll taste those rich, fudgy notes that peanut butter normally hides, and you’ll be sold!
About the Chocolate No Bake Cookies
A classic no-bake cookie is the perfect quick and easy sweet treat for any event… and especially the best event of all: midnight snacks! These are my guilty pleasure, and I love to make and enjoy them at night when I’m feeling peckish for something sweet and chocolatey.
Many no-bake cookies out there have peanut butter with them, but we love these sans peanut butter! These are the BEST no-bake cookies out there! We know you’ll be obsessed with these as much as we are. They are definitely a late-night hit here in my household and with friends and family.
Ooey gooey marshmallows set into the chocolate and oats for perfect texture and delicious chocolate no-bake cookies!
Chocolate No-Bake Cookies Ingredients
- Cocoa – We love to use Hershey’s cocoa. It tastes great and you can find it anywhere. Plus, we have a thing for Hershey products as we are from Hershey, PA!
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips – We LOVE semi-sweet chocolate chips in this chocolate no-bake cookies recipe! Feel free to use milk or dark if you aren’t a fan of semi-sweet, but we are sure you’ll love the taste.
- Marshmallows – It might seem counterintuitive to add sweet marshmallows to a sweet cookie, but they lighten up the cookie and add a fluffy mallow texture that is amazing.
Chocolate No-Bake Cookies Tip
These cookies will set faster if put in the fridge, but they will set up nicely outside of the fridge. They take at least 30-45 minutes to set up. We love them when they are still warm and slightly gooey, so we choose to let them set on our counter.
Chocolate No-Bake Cookies Instructions
- Grab a heat-safe bowl and place the oats in the bowl.
- In a microwave-safe dish, melt the butter. Pour the melted butter into a cold saucepot.
- Add corn syrup, sugar, salt, cocoa, and eggs. Turn on the heat and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the chocolate chips. Pour the mixture over the oats and stir to combine. When combined, add the mini marshmallows and fold them in.
- Drop the cookie dough immediately onto wax paper by large tablespoons.
- Let the cookies set for 30-45 minutes on the counter or in the fridge.
We hope you love these easy and delicious chocolate no-bake cookies as much as we do!
Looking for more delicious chocolate recipes? Try these:
- The BEST Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Chocolate Coconut Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Bars
- Cookie Dough Brownies
- Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Buttercream
- ¾ C (6 oz) butter, melted
- 2 T corn syrup
- 1 ½ C (10.5 oz) white sugar
- ¼ t salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- ¼ C (0.9 oz) cocoa
- ½ C (3 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 C (10.2 oz) oats
- 2 ½ C (5 oz) mini marshmallows
- Place the oats into a heat-safe bowl.
- Melt butter in the microwave. Pour melted butter into a cold saucepot. Add corn syrup, sugar, salt, cocoa, and eggs. Turn on the heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips and vanilla. Pour over oats and combine. When combined, add the mini marshmallows and fold in.
- Drop immediately onto wax paper by large tablespoons.
- Let set for 30-45 minutes on the counter or in the fridge.
- For basic no-bakes, eliminate the marshmallows.