These chewy Chocolate Chip Bars are practically effortless. They come together in one bowl and cook up to the perfect gooey, chewy, chocolate chip-y goodness. One bite of these will have you rewriting The Golden Rule to “Bring unto others the Chocolate Chip Bar you want brought unto you.”
Too lazy to make chocolate chip cookies? Then this Chocolate Chip Bar recipe is for you! It takes out all the work and none of the flavor. These bars are chewy and rich, and not your average “cookie bar”. With a flavor so common to blondies, this chocolate chip bar is sure to hit that sweet spot!
These Chocolate Chip Bars are my go-to treat for any event because they are easy and delicious and any crowd will love them. They also freeze really well, so you can make a few batches ahead of time and stock up your freezer for any time you need a quick treat.
The Golden Rule
One of my favorite things about these cookies is the beautiful golden color they are after baking. I can never get my #1 Chocolate Chip Cookies to get as golden as these bars get, which makes these bars even more appealing!
You will feel like a champion every time you pull these out of the oven, not only because you mastered this recipe (it’s so easy, so you’re welcome), but because these golden bars will be a hit in your home, apartment, workplace, party, or your secret dessert stash no one else knows about.
When I was in elementary school my mom made these for me to bring to my class to share on my birthday. She wrote “Happy Birthday” on the top of the bars with frosting and I enjoyed sharing them with all my friends. If it is the Fourth of July, throw in some red, white, and blue M&M’s, or red and green ones for Christmas! Throw in some sprinkles for a fun blast of color for a party, or even some mini chocolate chips! Make these bars your own and snap a picture for us to see!
Make sure you tag us in your photos on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest @tastebeforebeauty. Leave a comment and a review too when you try them!
Looking for more delicious, easy recipes? Try these:
- Classic Rice Crispy Bars
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Fudge Walnut Brownies
- Buttery Sugar Cookies
- Easy Crisp Chocolate-Dipped Shortbread Cookies
- ¾ C (6 oz) salted butter, melted
- 1 C (8 oz) light brown sugar
- 1 C (7 oz) white sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 C (9 oz) all-purpose flour
- 2 C (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Cream together butter and sugars until sugar is mostly dissolved. Add remaining ingredients and half of the semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Line a 10x10 pan with parchment paper. Pour batter into pan and top with remaining 1 C (6 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the top and edges turn a rich gold color. Remove from the oven and let cool before cutting into bars.