Soft vanilla triple chip pudding cookies! Vanilla pudding is the secret ingredient that creates a beautiful and flavorful cookie packed with three different kinds of chocolate chips.
About the Triple Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
My mother grew up with pudding cookies and she loved them so much that she wanted to remake the popular cookies! This pudding cookies recipe is quite easy to make. . These triple chip pudding cookies will surely melt your chocolate-loving heart. We know you’ll love them.
Our unique twist to these cookies is the triple chocolate chip combination and the pudding! We have to note… please do NOT make an actual pudding. You only want to use only the dry mix in the cookie dough! Otherwise, you’ll have literal chocolate pudding cookies on your hands. The pudding makes the best chocolate chip cookie recipe with pudding!
Pudding cookies have a special place in my heart. They take two great desserts and combine them into one. I don’t know about you, but pudding was my go-to snack for school when I was growing up. I can’t get enough pudding and chocolate! You’ll love our triple chocolate chip pudding cookie recipe!
Triple Chip Pudding Cookies Ingredients
- Mixed Chocolate Chips – We love all types of chocolate! Semi-sweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips are used in this recipe. The mixed flavor of the different types of sweet chocolate chips is perfect.
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix – DON’T follow the instructions on the pudding package. We are just going to be using the dry pudding mix. Otherwise, you are going to be in quite a funky cookie rut. The pudding mix packs a great flavor in this chocolate chip cookie recipe.
- Butter – My favorite trick is to microwave butter to soften it! It’s SO EASY, and it’s quick too. Put the butter in the microwave, and microwave each side for 5 seconds. Make sure you are turning the butter properly as the plate in the microwave can switch rotations and you might get the sides confused. It only takes 20 seconds, and it’s perfect for those looking to make the recipe right away or those who forgot to pull the butter out! (I have done that too many times to count.)
- Vanilla – I personally LOVE Mexican vanilla and recommend it! We also often use imitation vanilla, but it is up to you which one to use in this cookie recipe. Everyone has a different preference for vanilla flavoring.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
- Chocolate! The literal best thing in the food world. I know you’ll be snacking on some of them as you mix the chocolate chips together! In a bowl, mix the semi-sweet, milk, and white chocolate chips together.
- Set ½ C of chocolate chips aside to top the cookies later.
- Cream the 1 cup butter, 1 cup light brown sugar, and 1/4 cup white sugar together, and then add the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in the dry instant vanilla pudding mix, flour, baking soda, salt, and mixed chocolate chips.
- Scoop with a medium or large cookie scoop (you can also use an ice cream scoop) and then place in the oven for 7-9 minutes and bake until they are lightly golden! Pull them out and let them cool.
We hope you enjoy these Triple Chip Pudding Cookies as much as we do! May your apron be dirty, and have fun baking! You’ll be glad you made these instant pudding cookies!
Looking for more delicious cookie recipes? Try these:
- Triple Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- Graham Slam Cookies
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Aztec Wonder Cookies (Cayenne!)
- Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 C (8 oz) salted butter, softened
- 1 C (8 oz) light brown sugar
- ¼ C (1.75 oz) white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 ½ C (11.25 oz) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 ½ C (15 oz) mixed chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk, and white chocolate chips)
- In a bowl, combine semi-sweet, milk, and white chocolate chips equally until they fill 2 ½ cups.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix until combined.
- Mix in the dry vanilla pudding mix, flour, baking soda, salt, and 2 C of mixed chocolate chips. Reserve ½ C of chocolate chips to top the cookies. Mix until combined, scrape bowl, and mix again.
- Using a #30 cookie dough scoop (2 T), place dough onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 7-9 minutes, until they are lightly golden.
- Take the cookies out and let cool.