Raspberry your family’s bellies! No, not blow on them, but fill them with this delectable Raspberry Trifle! Filled with layers of french vanilla cake, sweet raspberry filling, and silky cream cheese whipped cream, this trifle has the perfect amount of sweetness.
Trifles are the perfect dessert if you want something quick, easy, and moist. My mother-in-law is from England and she makes some amazing trifles! I fall in love with them more and more each time I visit my in-laws. We use Cream Cheese Whipped Cream in this trifle, but in England, they use custard. We will definitely have some more trifle recipes in the future that include custard! It takes a trifle to a whole different and unique level.
I LOVE a delicious and easy raspberry dessert. This raspberry trifle is perfect for those looking for a gorgeous dessert that tastes delicious. This trifle is very moist, with each bite reflecting the delicateness of the fillings pairing beautifully with the cake.
The raspberry filling has the perfect amount of sweetness, filling your mouth with the taste of juicy summer raspberries. Delicate cream cheese whipped cream lays underneath the sweet raspberry filling, creating the perfect blend. This Raspberry Trifle is a total showstopper on any dinner table, just waiting to be eaten!
- French Vanilla White Cake Mix – You can use white or angel food cake if you prefer those! We have a great Angel Food Cake recipe that would also be perfect for this if you want a homemade cake. We love the flavor of the French Vanilla best with this raspberry trifle.
- Frozen Raspberries – The frozen raspberries are for the sweet raspberry filling. They’re perfect for getting a good amount of raspberry juice when pushing the raspberries through a fine sieve.
- Cornstarch – This helps thicken up the raspberry filling to the perfect consistency.
- Sugar – Sugar is needed to help sweeten the sauce and the whipped cream.
- Cream Cheese – Regular cream cheese!! There are several cream cheeses out there, including whipped cream cheese but regular cream cheese works the best here.
- Vanilla – Adds the perfect hint of sweet vanilla taste to the Cream Cheese Whipped Cream.
- Heavy Cream – The cream cheese whipped cream wouldn’t be made possible without cream! We have the perfect cream cheese to heavy cream ratio for the best taste and lightness you can get!
Raspberry Trifle Layers
- Cream Cheese Whipped Cream: We love to use our Cream Cheese Whipped Cream! It has the perfect amount of sweetness and a lovely delicate texture! With just the four ingredients: cream cheese, vanilla, heavy whipping cream, and sugar, it’s so simple to make!
- French Vanilla Cake: When trying to look for a quick dessert fix, we often choose to use boxed cake mixes. They are perfect when looking for a fast and easy way to make a cake. We prefer a french vanilla cake mix for this recipe, but you can also use a white cake mix or our Angel Food Cake!
- Fresh Raspberries: Who doesn’t love fresh raspberries? We lined our fresh raspberries along the side of the trifle dish, but feel free to put them in the middle of it too! You can use frozen raspberries, but be careful when they thaw because they release a lot of extra liquid.
- Raspberry Filling: This raspberry filling will need to be made at least 2-3 hours before assembling the raspberry trifle. It is worth waiting for though because it is so delicious! This raspberry filling is perfectly sweet and adds the perfect amount of raspberry flavor to the trifle.
Layering the Raspberry Trifle
- Spoon a layer of cream cheese whipped cream into a 4-quart trifle dish.
- Top the whipped cream with the 1-inch cubed cake pieces, covering the cream base.
- Add raspberries around the trifle dish on top of the cake pieces. We used about 7 per layer, but feel free to use more or less to your liking.
- Spoon and spread a thin layer of raspberry filling to cover the cake pieces. Make sure to not thickly cover them.
- Spoon the cream cheese whipped cream on top of the raspberry filling.
- Repeat until all of the ingredients are used, or once you have reached the top of the trifle dish. Make sure that the last layer on top is the cream cheese whipped cream.
- Decorate the top of the raspberry trifle by placing fresh raspberries on the top.
We hope you enjoy this raspberry trifle as much as we do! It’s perfect for any time of the year!
Looking for more delicious cake recipes? Try these:
- Sweet Coconut Cake
- Angel Food Cake
- Tart Cranberry Cake
- Rich Chocolate Cake with Easy Chocolate Mousse
- Black Forest Cake
- 1-2 C (4-8 oz) raspberries
- One french vanilla cake mix, or 1 lb pound cake
- 2 (12 oz) bags frozen raspberries, thawed, divided
- 6 T (1.8 oz) cornstarch
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 1/4 C (8.8 oz) white sugar
Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 2 T white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 C (16 oz) heavy cream, cold
Make the Raspberry Filling
- Thaw raspberries.
- Using a fine sieve, strain ½ of the thawed raspberries to remove the seeds. Be sure to push as much raspberry meat through the sieve as possible.
- Add the pureed berries with the thawed berry juice to a pot with lemon juice, sugar, and cornstarch. Whisk to combine.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Use a spoon or spatula, no longer use the whisk.
- Once boiling, add remaining raspberries and bring to a boil. Reduce heat stirring constantly. Simmer for one minute while continuing to stir. Remove from heat.
- Place in a bowl and cover. Refrigerate until cooled completely, 2-3 hours or overnight.
Make the Cake
- Make the boxed cake mix according to the box instructions in a 9x13 or jelly roll sheet pan.
- When cool, cut the cake into 1-inch cubes. Freeze ½ the cake cubes (if using a cake mix) for a trifle another day.
Make the Cream Cheese Whipped Cream
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add 2 T sugar and vanilla, mix. Scrap bowl, mix again.
- Add heavy cream. Mix for 30 seconds. Scrape bowl, beat for another 30 seconds, and scrape the bowl again.
- Whip on high speed until soft peaks form. Store in the refrigerator if you are not ready to use it in the trifle yet.
- Layer order: cream cheese whipped cream, cake cubes, raspberries, raspberry filling, and repeat.
- Spoon some cream cheese whipped cream into a 4-quart trifle bowl.
- Add enough cake cubes to cover the cream.
- Add about 5-7 raspberries (more or less, it's up to you) around the trifle glass on top of the cake.
- Spoon and spread enough raspberry filling to cover the cake cubes thinly, not too thick.
- Spoon another layer of cream cheese whipped cream on top of the raspberry filling.
- Repeat the steps until the trifle bowl is full. Make sure cream cheese whipped cream is the top layer.
- Decorate the top by placing the fresh raspberries all over the top of the raspberry trifle.
- When making the cream cheese whipped cream, scrape the bowl at least 2-3 times before the cream begins to thicken. This will help incorporate the cream cheese evenly. Failing to scrape the bowl may result in unsightly chunks of cream cheese in the final product.