Nutella chocolate chip cookies are chewy, soft and have the perfect amount of hazelnut spread in the middle.
About the Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
In most pantries sits a delicious spread, Nutella. A chocolate hazelnut spread that is great on bread, as a spoonful, and on desserts. Turns out, it’s always perfect when paired with a chocolate chip cookie!
In these Nutella chocolate chip cookies, I used dark chocolate. I personally feel that dark helps balance the hazelnut chocolate flavor the most, out of the other chocolate types.
These cookies are so quick and easy to whip up, and they taste great right out of the oven, cooled down, and even frozen! I used our #1 chocolate chip cookie dough as a base, but changed a little bit of it up. So if you’re feeling just a regular (not just regular… the best and most perfect!!!) chocolate chip cookie, click here! But if these sound good, then keep reading to make the best Nutella cookies!
Chewy and soft chocolate chip cookies filled with gooey Nutella chocolate, what could get better than this?
Nutella Cookie Recipe Ingredients
- Nutella – I used the name brand, but I bet this would work with any other hazelnut chocolate spread.
- Chocolate Chips – Dark chocolate chips create a great flavor with the Nutella, but feel free to use semi-sweet chocolate or milk chocolate, really whatever you have on hand
- Corn Starch – When combined with flour, it helps thicken the cookie, as well as act as a mini-substitute for cake flour. Creating a large, but soft cookie.
How to Make the Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat your oven to 350˚F. Then, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roughly chop up the chocolate chips, and set them aside.
- Cut the cold butter into small cubes. I like to cut it in long lines, then cut again by the smaller width. Then I flip the butter onto the side and cut again on the long side.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, mix until combined.
- Add the salt, baking soda, baking powder, flour, cornstarch, and chocolate chips. Mix until the cookie dough has combined.
- Using a ⅓ cup, scoop up the cookie dough and level it. Take out the cookie dough, and roll it into a ball. Then create a deep hole, but not to the point where you rip through the dough.
- Place the cookie dough balls onto the pan, and make sure they have a good 1 ½ – 2 inch distance between them at least.
- Then, using a #40 cookie dough scoop, or 1.5 tablespoons, scoop the Nutella into each hole.
- Bake the cookies for 11-13 minutes.
- Pull the cookies out, let cool on the pan until set up, and then place them on a cooling rack. If you want the Nutella to thicken up and not be gooey, place the cookies in the freezer for about 30 minutes to an hour.. They taste great this way too!
Now go enjoy eating these Nutella chocolate chip cookies!
Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
Nutella chocolate chip cookies are chewy, soft, and have the perfect amount of hazelnut spread in the middle.
- 1/2 C butter, cold and cubed
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 1/2 C (10 oz) dark chocolate chips
- 2 C all purpose flour
- 2 T cornstarch
- 3/4 C nutella
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roughly chop the chocolate chips, and set aside.
- Cut the cold butter into small cubes. In a mixing bowl, mix the butter and sugars until slightly creamed.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, including the chocolate chips, and mix until the cookie dough is combined.
- Using a ⅓ cup, scoop up and level the cookie dough. Take out the dough, roll it into a ball. Then create a deep hole in the cookie dough, but make sure to not rip through the cookie dough. Repeat, but make sure to keep about at least 1 ½ or 2 inch distance between the cookie dough.
- Then, using a #40 cookie dough scoop, or 1 ½ tablespoons, scoop nutella and drop into the cookie dough holes.
- Place the cookie sheet into the oven, and bake for 11-13 minutes.
- Pull out of the oven, and cool on the sheet. If wanted, let the pan cool and then put the pan into the freezer to completely set up the chocolate hazelnut spread. Enjoy!